All our kits are delivered using a semi or rigid truck. Most of these vehicles are fitted with cranes (depending on location) to enable easy off loading.
Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for your interest in Valley Kit Homes. If you are seriously considering purchasing a Valley Kit Home, you will no doubt have a lot of questions. To assist we have answered some of the more frequently asked questions.
At "Lock Up" the house is finished externally which means the roof, external walls, windows and doors are all fitted.
The only difference, and the most important difference, are the savings. By doing some or most of the work yourself you could save thousands of dollars! Most people who view our display home quickly realise the savings and are amazed with the quality of our kits.
3 EASY WAYS TO BUILD YOUR DREAM HOME!
Perfect for the handy man who wants to save money. You will need to obtain an Owner Builder Permit before you start.
This person manages the project from start to finish,overseeing and organizing all the trades during each stage of construction. You will need to obtain an Owner Builder Permit before you start.
Employ a builder to erect the kit home with a minimum of fuss. You either don't have the time or the experience so will engage a BSA Licensed Builder.
Because Valley Kit Homes are one of the few companies that actually manufacture their own frames and trusses and have a fully computerized CAD drawing and design program, it makes it very simple for you to change our designs. Alternatively you can send your own plan or sketch for one of our fully trained consultants to give you a comprehensive and itemized quote.
Provided you use an approved builder to build your Valley Kit Home and you have sufficient funds or equity to be able to pay the first 25% of the kit and your bank has approved finance for the completed home. We will allow extended terms of payment for the remaining 75% of the kit, based on the progress claims paid by your bank. Payment terms are subject to our approval.
Once you have decided on the kit you will enter into a contract with Valley Kit Homes. This contract clearly states the payment structure that is required.
You will have to pay road freight and transport insurance for the kit to your site. Our helpful staff at Valley Kit Homes can assist you with an estimate.
When we receive confirmation of your order, we have a set of working drawing prepared and returned to you for submission to your Council. When manufacturing begins, you can expect 4-6 weeks from the time of order before the kit could be delivered to your site. We generally keep to the schedule, depending on the work load of our factory, and like most businesses it is generally first in first served. Please check with Valley Kit Homes when placing order.
Some of our owner builders have their house to lock-up stage in as little as two weeks. While others approach the building process on a weekend/ part time basis so they can take 6-8 weeks. This is entirely up to you .....
Provided with the kit is a comprehensive construction manual along with an inclusions/check list. The construction manual includes such things as how to hang a door, install a window, hang plasterboard, etc, etc. If however you should get stuck, our experienced staff are on hand to help with any questions you may have. The inclusions/check list has a dual purpose:
- To identify and check quantity of an item on delivery.
- Gives you an explanation of where that particular item is used in the building process of your kit home.
All Valley Kit Homes floor plans and designs are covered by copyright and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without written permission from Valley Kit Homes.